Frost protection of freshwater systems in motorhomes, caravans and boats before the winter comes is important.
Well done frost protection can save you a lot of trouble and money.
Winter preparation and storage of your caravan
It's important to prepare your caravan for the winter - this way you can avoid damage and unpleasant surprises when you need to use it again next season. Here is a list of the things you should do before the winter begins:
- The caravan needs to be cleaned and polished on the outside before being covered by a protective caravan cover. This will ensure that the caravan is nice and clean, without dirt and solid algae when the spring comes around again.
- Grease all moving parts with oil.
- The drawbar needs to be covered with a good drawbar cover.
- Remove or recharge all batteries (follow manufacturer's instructions).
- Treat all rubber moldings with silicone.
- Empty and clean the toilet completely.
- Water-based floor heating needs to be checked for frost protection.
- Drain the water from the water heater completely.
- Empty the water system and clean thoroughly. Protect with antifreeze.
- Clean the refrigerator and leave the door opened.